By TANYA BALARAJU, sophomore
ARE YOU a classic JP student? Add the number values of your answer choices and read the results to find out.
HOW MANY HOURS OF SLEEP DO YOU GET ON A NORMAL WEEKNIGHT?
1) Seven or more: you’re always bright and bursting with energy!
2) Five to six: it could be worse.
3) Four or less: these textbooks double as pillows.
SOMEONE YELLS “GO EAGLES!” AS YOU PASS THEM IN THE HALLWAY. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
1) “Yeah, go Eagles!”
2) You don’t really care, or you support another team.
3) “I wonder if we’re running outside in gym today…”
YOUR SCHOOL YEAR WOULD BE INCOMPLETE WITHOUT…
1) A food fight.
2) A snow day (even if the snow were only an inch deep).
3) An all-new senior prank at the end of the year.
YOU HEAR THAT YOUR SCHOOL BAND, ORCHESTRA, AND CHOIR HAVE EACH WON A MAJOR NATIONAL COMPETITION. HOW DO YOU REACT?
1) “Oh my gosh, really?!”
2) “That’s great.”
THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO NEW YORK CITY, YOU…
1) Went shopping and sightseeing all day. It was awesome!
2) Visited some museums, attractions, and exhibitions, visited family, and/or did some shopping.
3) Posed with a giant letter “A”, pictures of your favorite national leaders, or a copy of your US History textbook and took photographs at various historical locations for extra credit.
HOW OFTEN HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED BY SCHOOL SUPPLIES?
1) Never, or don’t remember.
2) Not too often, but maybe once.
3) Your arm has been repeatedly scarred by someone else’s binder or book.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A PEP RALLY?
1) A great way to build school spirit!
2) Screaming at the top of your lungs every once in a while when you spot a friend.
3) A nice way to miss the last two periods of the day and scream loudly once or twice.
WHEN SOMEONE OFFERS YOU A CHOCOLATE BAR, YOU RESPOND WITH…
1) “No, thanks. I’m going to get fat.”
2) “Um, how much is it?”
3) “No thanks; I already bought a bar at lunch… Do you have crispy?”
WHAT IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF WATCHING TALENT SHOWS AND COMPETITIONS AT SCHOOL?
1) Cheering on your friends!
2) The intermission. You love buying Sun Chips.
3) Watching the administration goof off on stage.
IT’S EARLY JUNE. WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
1) Your upcoming summer: traveling, chilling, and hanging out with friends!
2) Sleeping for more than 6 hours a night.
3) Final exams… if only you had paid more attention in February.
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU WERE TOLD THAT THE HALLS WOULD BE “SWEPT” BEFORE THIRD PERIOD?
1) “Why didn’t they do it before school started?”
2) “Somebody probably spilled something again.”
3) “What?! I have Health in 141C that period!”
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DYING TO READ LATELY?
2) The latest installment of your favorite series or magazine.
3) This newspaper, of course!
IF YOUR SCORE IS…
12 to 20 points: You’re a true Stevens rebel. Like it or not, you barely resemble the JP student archetype.
21 to 28 points: You walk the line between the extremes. You are not a typical JP student, but you have what it takes to become one, if you so desire.
29 to 36 points: You are as “JP” as it gets. For better or for worse, you exemplify the essence of this school.
For the “How JP are you” the second question should be “Someone yells ‘Go Hawks’…” not ‘Go Eagles’ (Edison High School mascot)
Haha this is super late, but the original question was to show the rivalry between JP Hawks and EHS Eagles. It turned out rather vaguely after the editing process.