Hawkeye’s new Online section is interested in all the news, commentary, and cartoons not fit to the print edition. We are looking for sharp, original commentary on issues local, state, or federal that affect the JP community, whether as a news article, op-ed, or cartoon.
- Send all pitches and articles to email@example.com.
- Pitches: may be submitted in the body of the email,
- Articles: should be attached as a Word Document or a link to a Google Doc with your name and email address in the header,
- Word count: min. 400, max. 800,
- Please do not submit the following: poetry, fiction, creative writing, etc. (Submit to Ink, the school’s literary magazine!)
- Response times depend on the publication cycle, but an editor will respond to you within two to three weeks; after three weeks, you are welcome to query us with regard to your submission’s status,
- We do not consider work that has appeared elsewhere.
Have a great idea for a YKYG? Submit it here for a chance to see it published online or in the next issue.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.